Career Opportunity at the Chamber
Now Hiring: Membership Relations and Communications Coordinator
The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce is seeking an outgoing professional to fill the full-time position of Membership Relations and Communications Coordinator.
The Chamber’s mission is to empower businesses to thrive here in the CBRM. We work hard to cultivate positivity by changing the conversation about business here at home while creating a stronger business community through collaboration, networking, advocacy, and education. We challenge the status quo and encourage innovation amongst our membership, and we believe we are a catalyst for business growth here in our community.
We are a small but mighty team that works in a high-paced, high-energy office where we value teamwork, positive relationships, and creative thinking!
- Are you outgoing and motivated to succeed in a professional environment?
- Do you have a desire to advance our business community and build your network?
- Are you a self-starter and self-directed, while thriving in a team environment?
- Do you excel in work environments where creativity is welcomed and encouraged?
- Are you detail-focused and goal-oriented?
- Are you passionate about the advancement of our community and our island?
If this sounds like you, then continue reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
- Develop strategy and reassess for social platforms and special projects and events as needed.
- Responsible for content development for all social channels, ensuring our social channels have relevant, valuable, and informative content, frequently. Knowledge of Hootsuite is considered an asset.
- Create and prepare content for the weekly Chamber newsletter/e-blast each week.
- Maintain and update website event pages.
- Create media communications including, media advisories, news releases, editorials, etc.
- Support with speaking notes for all Chamber events as needed.
- Management of the annual Small Business Week: strategic approach/theme and development of programming and speakers, funding application, etc.
- Identify, schedule, and liaise with speakers and special guests
- Assist in the management of the nomination and judging process for award programs
- Edit and proofread all event materials
- Work with Chamber events coordinator and team on event theme development, event materials, marketing initiatives, and promotion as needed.
- Interact and work with all current members
- Set and work towards membership recruitment monthly targets
- Lead and fulfill membership benefit sales efforts
- Lead and fulfill membership retention efforts
- Lead projects that work to support current and future Chamber members
- Responsible for annual membership renewals: invoicing and fulfillment
- Responsible for all dues collection and follow-up: issuing invoicing, payment reminders, etc.
- Responsible for all materials, updating, assembly, and distribution of all new member welcome packages
- Support event coordinator on event sponsorship
- Manage and upkeep membership relationship platform (ChamberMaster)
- Establish and maintain relationships with member benefit providers
- Provide support for current and new members with integration into Chamber programs and services
- Host webinars, Chamber 101 sessions, and other member benefits services on a monthly basis
- Experience in a communications or marketing role
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with Google Suite
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as Constant Contact or similar programs.
- Knowledge of Hootsuite.
- Knowledge of SurveyMonkey
- Basic graphic design ability
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until 5 pm on August 13, 2021